Saturday, August 11, 2007

We're In!

It has been a stressful and tiring few weeks of working but we're in our house now. We have been doing painting and work it seems all the time. We have more work to do but are so tired of living in suitcases all summer (and before), we moved on Thursday to our house. folks from church have been great. Several families have come over to paint at least our kids rooms so they can be ready when school starts. Another lent me his truck to move furniture from our temporary house to our more permanent one. And one paid workers for one day to paint, do electrical work, put shoe molding in, mud, whatever we needed. While it is good that we are in, the house is still a disaster and will be for a couple months until we begin to get settled.

Kate is really enjoying the house. We have both worked late into the night to get it ready over the past couple weeks. We are tired but happy at the same time.

Tomorrow I am preaching on Simple Church. We have two folks joining and baptizing their children as well. I am preaching on what they are really joining. WHat is the church at its core.

School starts monday. The kids shot records cleared and we will register them in the morning. It feels as if the summer has passed way too fast and I wish I had more time with the kids and Kate. What this will be remembered as for us is Transitional Summer. Will write more often than I have the past two weeks.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Congratulations! Party at the Layer Mansion.

Welcome home.

weefaith said...

Hi Layer Family!
It's your old friend from up north, Jana. I feel very bad for losing track of you for all these months. Somehow I lost your e-mail address, and the old phone number I have in my book doesn't work. Then I remembered...THE INTERNET KNOWS! I just googled your name, and up came your blog. I have a birthday card I want to send Kate, so send me your new address & phone number please. I can see from the pictures on your blog that everyone looks happy and healthy. Hope to talk to you soon. BTW, our e-mail is wball63@alltel.net

Blessings, Jana