Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Report from the Weekend

This weekend my mom came to visit. I have some good pictures but still can't figure out how to email them to myself. THe joys of technology. She got to see where we live and the church. It was good for the kids to see her and play with her. Anna particularly connected with mom and as a father who worries whether his kids will connect with his mom since she lives so far away, it made me feel good.

I must say, I told our band members today, that Sunday's service was as good since I have been here. We have made a lot of progress and all of the elements of worship made me worship God better. It is fun seeing new people involved. A couple weeks ago our worship leader Charles put an add in the newspaper advertising for a drummer. Two responded and one was a 16 year old student named Matt. He and his family have been looking for a church and it was great to have them on Sunday. Matt did a good job as well. We have been praying for a drummer and God provided.

On a personal note, these short weeks are a mixed blessing. A blessing to have another day off on Monday. THe mixedness is going back and still having a boatload to do that week but one less day to do it in. If your life is like mine, there is always something going on, always busy with work or the kids. The Key for me is to enjoy the moment and not worry about all that needs to happen. As a perfectionist, I get overwhelmed. As of this writing, my desk and my office needs a makeover if you know what I'm saying. I am trying to be this day, this moment in the flow of God's Spirit and enjoying life. Yesterday as I drove my mom back to the airport and as I was walking back to my car, I had the overwhelming feeling of how blessed I was, with my family, all of my life. Sometimes we can complain about life but reality is that we are blessed beyond measure.

No comments: