Thursday, May 22, 2008

What's Going on?

Last week I participated in Career Day at Aiden and Max's school. Parents each manned a booth in the gym where we talked about our jobs for 5 minutes to rotating kids groups. I was the only pastor represented and tried to make my job sound as interesting as possible as compared to the other jobs. I was amazed at how many kids think pastors work only a day or two a week and were surprized by the amount of education we receive. Next year I need to have a cool giveaway like some of the other parents did.

A couple weeks ago we went to a party for Isaac, a kid from church and we are friends with his parents. It was based on a Heroes theme. These are some pictures from the party.

Last Wednesday we had a family Fun Night at Fun Expedition where we could ride go carts, play video games, etc to celebrate the end of school. The kids loved it and I must admit, I did too. They even gave me a free game card to play the games since I was a pastor. I should have said that to the kids at the career fair that being a pastor has its privledges.

Last night we celebrated school being out by lighting a fire in the fire pit and making smores.


Today I am heading out to go golfing and have a little fun for myself. I have this Sunday off and I am looking forward to it. Life has been stressful at work because we are in staff transition which has lead to some uncertainty and each of us picking up the slack. I anticipate in the next 2 months things should be worked out but the past few months has had its challenges.

No comments: