Thursday, January 17, 2008

Memphis Day One

Just got to Memphis last night after a 7 hour drive from Morristown. Went with Harry Turner, from Kingsport who has gone to Estonia many times and who brought me up to speed on the ministry in Estonia. I learned that my friend Kaupo Kant who is a pastor there has had two church plants come out of his church in Voru in the past 5 years. This is a small congregation that is looking to launch additional groups and I applaud them for that. This should challenge us in the States with what we are doing in terms of reaching out.

A pastor from Severville is here for the gathering and He and a member of his church and I went to

They are famous for their ribs. I must say they were good but not the best I ever had. In fact, I think I liked the ribs place a mile from my house a little better but it was a fun experience.

Today, I am working from the hotel before our dinner tonight with other Connecting Congregations from around the country. I will report more later in the next couple days. Pray for kate and she is with her mom for several days till I come home. Nancy graciously came to help with the kids. The kids our out of school for a snow day today. Too bad I missed it.

No comments: