Friday, January 18, 2008

Memphis Day Two

Last night was a dinner for all connecting congregations that sponsor Estonian Congregations. There were about 5 estonian folks here for this gathering and about 15 churches represented. Of course we had bbq. It was good. It was neat to meet people and begin some networking and hearing what congregations are doing. In particular, I met one man who has gone to Estonia for years and is planning on going the week we had hoped to from our church in Late July. Today is the main session of hearing what is going on in ministry in Estonia and we have a worship service tonight.

On a personal note, I had almost the whole day yesterday to myself so I used the time to read, write my sermon, pray and do some thinking. I was kind of like a retreat day for myself. It made me think how I need to schedule some time to read and think into my weekly schedule.

See you later...

No comments: