Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Finished My Dissertation

Finally after much editing and writing, I have finished by dissertation and am ready for my defense on May 15th. To be honest, I plan on relaxing from work for a few days and next week will begin preparing for the grilling (at least Potentially to come). It felt so good to print it out and turn it in.

My last preaching class is tomorrow. I will miss this Beeson year and the people in it. I hope I will see them again but I also realize that will be difficult for some because of distance. This year really has been formational for me as a person and a pastor.

I went down to Morristown on Sunday to meet with the personell committee (PPR) to talk about things I wanted to do and they wanted me to do in my first months at the church. We were all on the same page and I am looking forward very much to it. I looked at about 6-7 houses as well. THese were much nicer than the one's previously but didn't exactly work. One great thing is that a member of the church indicated to the Sr. Pastor that he would let us use a three bedroom house for very little cost to crash in until we found the right place. What extravagant kindness! We don't anticipate going down again till we move about a month from now. We are praying for the right place for us.

Actually on the way down, I was listening to a CD of John Ortberg talking about the kingdom of God. IN that he mentioned that pagans worry about money and what they will wear, where they will live, etc. But people of the kingdom should "seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." It was a good reminder to me that if God worked out all this for us up to this point, I need not to worry or fret about where we will live.

No comments: