Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Update on Us

I had hoped to update earlier but it turned out to be a full weekend. As I have remarked to several of my Beeson Colleagues, I feel like we are on Survivor: Wilmore as people depart every couple days. There are only seven of us families left, with three leaving this week/weekend. I am going to miss folks, miss kids, miss our community. I am not going to miss boxes because I have boxes all over the place and can't wait to move to our new house and get rid of them for a long time. Which brings me to ...

This weekend our family went with the Bucher's to Dollywood. I will add pictures later but it was a fun time with them. Our kids have really connected with their kids and they had a blast swimming in the pool, watching TV and playing at Dollywood. The accomodations were so-so but liveable. Perhaps Brian can give you the details more on his blog.

We came back Tuesday to do another round of house hunting. We looked at 13 more. There were some good possibilities, one in particular. While it would stretch us financially, the bigger question we struggle with is how big or nice a house should we live in as Christians. I know God provides for our needs but how much house do we need? In our consumeristic society we are told bigger is better. We also want a house that would fit the needs of our size family and still be a good investment. We need the Lord's discernment. Please keep us in prayer. The church has been great to help with this transition. One person in the church has even offered to let us use his 3 bedroom furnished house for just the cost of expenses until we find the right place. Mt. 6:33 says, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be added on to you." We are seeking to put his kingdom first and trust that he will make our path straight.

No comments: