Monday, February 05, 2007

Colts Win, Manning Wins!

Although my team (The Eagles) lost four weeks ago to the Saints, I was rooting for the Colts because of Peyton Manning. He is such a classy guy and living in Tennessee where he is like a God, you want the guy to win the big game. He said that the talk of "can't win the big one" didn't bother him but now all that talk goes away. It turns out the contrast between Rex Grossman and Peyton was the reason why the Colts won. I was nervous after the opening kickoff that was run back for a TD.

We had a Super Bowl Party with other BP's and their families. We had a movie going in another room for the kids and the adults watched the game. Max had a great time. Eating pizza and watching football together he said to me, "I think I like football." On debriefing the night with him later in bed he said of the night, "It was AWESOME!"

I wonder what memories my kids will take away from this year. I bet more often than not it will be the simple pleasures of being together, going sleding in the snow, of wrestling at home which will be their memories. I pray that I could be more aware of the significance of creating memories for my kids and enjoying them while they happen.

No comments: