Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Weekend Results

It has been a busy few days since Friday. So much has happened and I wanted to give you a brief report.

Church Interview - As I mentioned on Friday, we had an informal interview (exposure, whatever you want to call it) with a Holston UMC church in TN on Sunday night. It went well and resulted in interest by both sides. The Bishop and Cabinet will have to work out the details but it would be a good situation for us personally and professionally if we went there. We will see what happens.

Ordination Interview - In 2000 I began this process of being ordained a full elder in the United Methodist Church. It has been a long rode. Overall the interview went well. We discussed theology practically, and how it relates to me personally in the practice of ministry. While there were still areas to work on, I felt good about it. I did however get a call tonight to inform me they need further clarification upon one theological issue (I expected this). The second expectation was to complete another preaching assignment to video and critique. Personally this frustrated me greatly because of the reasons given but I think arguing at this point will not help very much. I am doing my best to complete this final hurdle and be ordained in June.

Please continue to pray for us in the areas addressed above.

Ordination Interview

No comments: