Friday, February 09, 2007

What's on Tap for this Weekend!

This weekend (Friday - Monday) will be a busy one. Kate and I and all the other Beeson families have a marriage retreat. Kate's mom and sister Ruby are coming up to watch the kids while we get away to focus on our marriage. I am looking forward to this. There will be some teaching but mostly excercises and opportunities to have fun and talk. The best part - it's all covered by the Beeson program.

We return home about lunchtime Sunday. I have a meeting with a potential church to be their pastor on Sunday night. It would be an associate position of a church looking to expand their church in areas of contemporary worship, evangelism, and discipleship. I beleive it is a good opportunity and look forward to meeting them. Please pray for me and my drive down to TN.

I will stay in Tn on Monday for at 4:30pm I meet with the Board of Ordained Ministry in Knoxville to answer questions to complete my ordination. In August I completed paperwork on my theology and practice of ministry. Monday I defend what I believe. I am at peace and not worried about it too much. Please though, remember to pray for me and for Kate and the kids. I will not see them till late Monday night.

The rest of next week begins a leadership class with Jack Connell I amd looking forward to. I have gotten some done on my dissertation this week but have much farther to go. God Bless You!

No comments: