Monday, March 19, 2007

Proud of UT and other things

I was happy to see how the Men's Vols did the the NCAA Tourney. They put up 121 in first game. Most pros don't do that. Then they beat another team they weren't supposed to beat, Virginia. Read more here. Compared to where they were, it is suprising that they are ahead of Kentucky in terms of where the program is now. Ohio State will be a challenge. They are hard to beat. I'm sure I'll hear from fellow BP Bryan about it. He's a big fan of Ohio State. I'm just glad the Vols got this far.

Had a good weekend to Tennessee. Preached a sermon for my ordination requirements. Went well I thought. I guess you have to ask those there to get their scoop. I was reminded by a few circumstances that the best preaching is preaching that is conversational and passionate. I preach for class on Thursday and that is fresh in my mind as I prepare.

I got a call Saturday that one of the sweetest ladies from my old church in Surgoinsville passed away. Belva Pierce. She was a great lady. She had a heart for God and a hand to man. She was always concerned to get people into church. she always went the extra mile by making a phone call, cooking a dish, or giving money. She supported me when I went to India. She loved my kids. We last saw her on Christmas time to say hi. We visited for a while and as we left she gave us a little plant. We have that plant in our kitchen. She touched many lives and will be greatly missed.

Keep us in prayer this week. Need to finish Chapter three of my dissertation and preach in class

No comments: